Sam's Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot chocolate base
- 3-4 squares of good quality dark chocolate (do not skimp out on this!), I used 78% Ritter bar hot chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Milk (or milk alternatives). I use a barista blend of of soymilk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cream (if you are feeling boujie)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Small pinch salt
- Cinnamon stick/powder
- 1/2 chili padi ( for that extra kick) - I kid you not, it's worth a try. Remove the seeds and finely chop the chili padi
1. Over a small pot, over medium heat, pour in milk and chopped chocolate. Whisk until chocolate has melted. May add in chili padi.
2. Add in cocoa powder and whisk. Turn off the heat.
3. Add in cream, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Pour into your favourite mug.
Recipe adapted from Joshua Weissman